Saturday, February 24, 2018

You'll be missed Sri...

It had been a relaxed outing with kids in a park. I was on my way back home, hoping to catch some quiet time, when my phone showed new updates. Breaking News about Sridevi!, it said. I eagerly clicked on it, expecting to hear about new movie plans or some such. Nothing about the news made sense. As it sunk in, I teared up in the subway. Condolences to her fans and the movie industry she grew up in. Condolences to her family and her daughters', on the cusp of their movie careers. They lost an irreplaceable mentor and coach in her. And condolences to my 12 year self who watched and re-watched her movies, mimic-ed her moves, fought her rivalries and felt her losses like only a true fan can.

Life, just like fame, can be so fickle.

No comments:

Post a Comment