Friday, April 4, 2008

Of excesses

A 15 year old girl committed suicide on not being allowed to enter the SSLC exam hall as she forgot to bring her hall ticket.She hailed from a simple family and was the only child of a watchman and his wife, a worker in a garment factory...

How many of you have at one time or another forgoten your hall tickets? I know I have..with unfailing regularity every year. I remember sidling up to the HOD on numerous occasions with a sheepish expression and pleading to be let in..I remember a similar incident during my SSLC too. I had to ring home and ask my dad to rush back with the hall ticket..I was lucky enough to encounter people with average degree of kindness who treated it with as much seriousness as required and let me off after reprimands. Ok, a hall ticket is important..but worth making a child miss her 10th boards?? When other classmates could have vouchsafed for her being who she claimed to be? What twisted, wretched, sickening, sadistic and perverse sense of self importance made the examiners get so strict about enforcing rules is something beyond ordinary comprehension..May they rot in hell

No comments:

Post a Comment